Checking the help file index, spelling, and titles
Before you ship your help file, do a final spelling check and make sure that
everything works correctly from the Index tab.
Suggested tasks for testing
- Run a spelling check on all your HTML
files. Use any odd words or phrases that result from this check as an
opportunity to expand your index.
- Scroll through all entries in the Index tab. Make sure the keywords
appear correctly and that they jump to the correct topics.
- Make sure that all topics have a title defined, if necessary.
- In the index, check for proper indentation of keywords and headings.
Because of the way keywords are sorted, you need to make sure that the order of
the keywords looks correct and that second-level entries appear under the
proper first-level entries.
- Make sure that keywords jump to the correct topics by double-clicking each
- If you combined or converted keywords from multiple help files, check
closely for consistency. You may notice inconsistencies in terminology, use of
both singular and plural forms of words, and inconsistent verb