Drag and Drop - many uses
Drag-and-drop is the action of selecting an object by "grabbing" it and dragging
it to a different location or onto another object.
In the Help Editor, an object can be selected text, or a tree node in the Table_Of_Contents or Index_dockable_window Being such an easy and
useful mechanism, we try to support as many drag and drop sources and
destinations as possible:
Selected text or object in document window
- Change position of selected text or object in document window.
- Insert an image from the Project_Folder (often the \images sub folder)
into an open document.
- Add keywords to index by dragging selected text on the Index Entries on Page dockable window.
Table Of Contents and Project Folder items
The basic sequence involved in drag-and-drop is:
- Press, and hold down, the button on the mouse or other pointing device, to
"grab" the object,
- "Drag" the object/cursor/pointing device to the desired location,
- "Drop" the object by releasing the button.