Download Help Generator for Visual Studio
30 days Free Trial, code signed
Download Help Generator for Visual Studio 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015
If you get the message 'non 7-zip archive' when starting the setup, please try the msi version: helpgeneratorvsnetsetup.zip
If you have older versions of Visual Studio use Help Generator for Visual Studio 2005, 2008
Help and documentation for Visual Studio 2005 - 2015. The fastest way to add help and documentation to your Visual Studio Windows applications.
Instructions for use
To Start the Help Generator Add-In:
- Open Visual Studio
- Open the project you want to add help and documentation to
- On the menu: Tools > Help Generator
To Start the Help Editor
- Windows 10: Type Help Editor in the Windows 10 search box and press enter.
- Windows 8: Start the Help Editor from the Windows Start Screen.
- Windows 7: Start > All Programs > Help Generator > Help Editor.
To Start the Help Capture:
Note: you can also start Help Capture from the Help Editor from ribbon > Insert > Capture
- Start > All Programs > Help Generator > Help Capture.
a camera icon appears in the tray (bottom right of your computer
- The first time, the camera icon will be hidden. To fix this,
a. In the tray, Right-click Notification Chevron ('Show hidden
icons') and select Customize Notification Icons
b. Change Help Capture icon to 'Show icon and notifications'
3. Click on the camera icon menu to start a capture - or use hotkeys
Unblock Help file
If the help file does not show this is caused by Windows security. To solve this:
- Locate the Help file in the folder where you installed
- Right-click on it and select Properties
- Click Unblock
From now on the Help file will be ok.